Real friendship is when your friend comes over to your house and then you both just take a nap.
We say, “no” to a world that pretends that sin is not a big issue. Friend, sin is the ONLY big issue.
coldhotsauce58 asked: Hi there, first off I love your blog. Second, what should I do if I want to follow Jesus and I'm being raised by a non-Christian?
Thank you! Here’s my thoughts:
1) Get yourself a Bible and read it like you’ve never read any other book. Memorize it. Eat it for breakfast. Read it before you go to sleep. Be fanatical. Christianity is the original fandom.
2) Get some Christian friends that can support you.
3) Pray all the time. Never stop praying. Just be in a constant conversation with God, and deal with every situation as if God was right there with you. Because He is.
4) This one might be hard to swing, but it’s important to be in a local church. If you can’t attend on Sundays, maybe find a weeknight service. If you can’t attend a church, reach out to a pastor or two and let them know your situation and your desire to follow Jesus.
5) Pray for your family. Never stop praying for them.
6) Life with Jesus is so worth it, but sometimes it’s hard to live for Him. Recognise that you believe in the same God that got people fed to lions during the first century. You need support and strength, and you can get it from God, Scripture and Christian community.